You may not realize it, but your double pane windows work hard to reduce your heating and cooling bills, lower your home’s energy consumption, and improve noise control. These are the reasons why double pane windows have been standard in new homes for over two decades.
Do you have a double pane window in need of repair? Fixing your insulated glass unit (IGU), or double pane window, requires more than just replacing the broken pane. After all, to be effective, the two panes must have an airtight seal, which is impossible to achieve if you only replace one pane.
Therefore, when it comes to double pane window glass replacement, both panes must be replaced and professionally installed to maintain a seal – and insulate your home from the elements. Fortunately, with help from the specialists at Glass Doctor®, you can replace just the panes, which saves you time and money compared to replacing the entire window.
Glass Doctor Double Pane Window Replacement Process
Has one of your double pane windows started fogging up on the inside? Did Johnny’s homerun crack an exterior window pane? Whatever the reason you need double pane window repair, Glass Doctor can help. We have assisted homeowners with repairing and replacing their windows for over 40 years. Here’s what the process entails:
Choose a Replacement Window Type
A broken window pane or damaged seal could prompt you to replace an outdated window frame. If so, you’ll need to decide what material (vinyl, wood, fiberglass, etc.) and operating type (double-hung, single-hung, casement, awning, etc.) to install. The professionals at Glass Doctor can help you make the right decision for your home, style, and budget.
If you only want to replace the window panes, you can skip this step. Replacement panes can be installed within the existing frame as long as the casing, trim, and sill plate are still in good condition.
Schedule Double Pane Window Repair with Glass Doctor
You should use a window expert to assess the condition of your frame and determine if you’re able to replace just the panes. When you give Glass Doctor a call, here’s what you can expect:
- A specialist will arrive at your home to evaluate your needs.
- If you need double pane window glass replacement because of a broken window, we will clean debris from the area and prepare it for installation.
- We will measure the window pane opening. Before leaving, we will secure the broken window, if applicable, to keep your family safe.
- Once the double pane window glass is professionally cut, sealed and ready to go, we will call to schedule a return visit for installation.
- We install the double pane glass within the existing frame, utilizing the same sealant method used at the factory. We only deem the job complete when we determine the entire window is safe and secure.
Find Double Pane Window Repair Near Me
Glass Doctor has over 270 locations across the United States and Canada, meaning we likely offer double pane window repair near you. In addition to having over four decades of experience, Glass Doctor also offers these advantages:
- 24/7 emergency window repair and replacement services
- A team of uniformed, courteous window glass professionals
- Flat-rate quotes within 24 hours of your consultation, some quotes provided same day
- Flexible appointments
- Replacement glass for custom and hard-to-fit window dimensions
Schedule double pane window glass replacement with us today! To get started, contact your local Glass Doctor.